Saturday, July 19, 2014

Paint Table Saturday

 

And with a few hours left in Saturday on my side of the Atlantic, hello!   I’ve been working on a few things since I got back from holidays, but here’s what’s been on the painting bench today.  This is a 20mm / 1/722nd scale plastic model kit from Italieri, their Country House kit.   A few bits of dry brushing and adding some decorative foliage, and I’ll call it done, except for basing.  The paint scheme is inspired by houses I saw in Tuscany last week, since the house has a southern European/Mediterranean feel to it.   Most of my 20mm WW2 collection is intended for NW Europe, so I’m not exactly sure what I’ll do with this kit, but I’m sure I’ll think of something.

 

Blessings to your paint brushes!  MP+

9 comments:

  1. No tiled roofs in Normandy? Or do some 1/72 Italian campaign.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Italian campaign in 1/72nd. I'll get right on that James. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. It's almost done now, and is looking rather good. It's a good kit.

      Delete
  3. Looking good. I'm on a terrain mission this year to build myself some decent stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good mission to be on. The Italieri kits are quite useful - very solid, thick plastic, easy to a assemble and paint and made with war gamers in mind. The variety leaves something to be designed but it's good kit and a nice looking table is always a plus.

      Delete
  4. I know you've done a great job painting it and all but maybe if you want it to fit NW Europe, then you could break up the roof to make it caved in, repaint it dark greys? Just a thought.

    Regardless, I like it. Your table will soon be a very respectable place to roll dice indeed.

    (Thankyou for replying also to my query! I ordered one yesterday.)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers